ThinkGeek is selling a DIY games console kit for $200, just the thing to while away those rainy summer afternoons. The Hydra Console Game Development Kit includes everything you need to build the console and program your own 8-bit masterworks in Hydra Tiny BASIC, Spin (a hybrid of C and BASIC), or Assembly Language (for the really brave people).
The Package includes:
- The HYDRA Game Console with 128K EEPROM and various I/O interfaces.
- 9V DC Power Wall Adapter.
- PS/2 mouse.
- PS/2 Mini Keyboard.
- Nintendo (NES) Compatible Control Pad.
- A/V Cable.
- USB Programming Cable.
- 128K Re-Programmable Game Card to store games and applications.
- Blank “Experimenter” Card to design your own add-on hardware.
- “Game Programming for the Propellor Powered HYDRA” hard copy book by Andre LaMothe.
- CD-ROM with all source, demos and development tools.
(From Boing Boing.)